COVID-19 – Plan
Dear Valued Patients,
Life has been anything but “normal” and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same – Our Attitudes, Positivity and Commitment to your Health and Safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. Our framework sensibly is withyou in mind. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different. Please keep in mind that in-office changes have been made to ensure the safety of our patients and our team.
IMPORTANT: During this time we have been working tirelessly implementing even more enhanced
office procedures and protocols to ensure we are performing at the highest level of standard of care for
you and your child’s safety. We will continue to weigh any more changes as things may evolve.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH ALL UPDATED PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS
PRIOR TO YOUR OFFICE VISIT.
UPDATED PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS
- An online Pre-Assessment form MUST be completed prior to ALL appointments. The form can be found on
our website at www.dw4k-align.com. The Pre-Assessment is to be completed within 24 hours of you or
your child’s appointment.
- Please call our office when you have arrived at the parking lot. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted. Please
ensure you have a scheduled appointment.
- Individuals accompanying a patient are to wait outside in the parking lot unless absolutely required (e.g., a
parent accompanying a young child or a patient who requires accommodation. In this instance only ONE
individual is allowed).
- Please call us when you are in the parking lot. You will then be notified when you can come into the clinic via phone or text messaging.
- Patients and accompanied visitors MUST wear their own mask, cloth covering or appropriate face covering
at all times while in the office except during the provision of care.
- If you arrive without a mask we will provided you with a Level I mask prior to entering the office. However,
due to PPE shortages please bring your own mask, cloth covering, or appropriate face covering.
- Patients and accompanied visitors MAY have their temperature taken. We have non-contact infrared
thermometers that are quick and painless. Patients who ONLY test above a normal range will be notified.
- Patients and accompanied visitors MUST perform hand hygiene with either 70-90% Alcohol Based Hand
Rub (ABHR) or soap and running water when arriving. We have this available for you.
- We will have you rinse with an oral mouth rinse for 30-60 seconds prior to performing any treatment.
10. Your next appointment will be booked chair side for you. We will no longer be giving out next appointment
- We will have you again disinfect your hands with 70-90% ABHR before leaving the office.
- YOU ARE ASKED TO PLEASE NOTIFY OUR OFFICE IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD ARE EXPERIENCING
ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 WITHIN 14 DAYS OF YOUR APPOINTMENT.
Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment and possibly changes to your existing appointment.
Additional follow up appointments may be required to ensure your oral health is optimal. This may be in the form of additional dental cleanings due to excessive plaque/tarter buildup and possible limitations or restrictions placed on us by our regulatory boards in how we can operate.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment,
The Dental Works 4 Kids & Align Orthodontics Team